view of Salandra, Matera, Basilicata, Italy ..........photo by Antonio DiPersia

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Mancini Photos


I don't have a dignified wedding photo of Felicia and Lorenzo Mancini, so I decided to to go a completely different route, showing more of their personality.  The photo on the left appears to be Felicia joining son Rocco for a costumed event.  The photo on the right is my only photo of Lorenzo (Lawrence).  It is from a newspaper article in the Herald News that appeared two months before his death in December 1970.  The article focused on his self-taught artwork which he only picked up after retirement.

If you have additional photos of Felicia and Lawrence please post them here!  If you don't have the capability to digitize your photos, I would be happy to scan any family photos to preserve and share these treasures.  I've scanned boxes of my mom's old photos which I will continue to post.  Lastly, I would love to hear the story behind the photo in the left.  I'm hoping one of you can shine some light on this fun and quirky image.

1 comment:

  1. My dad, Rocco dressed as an Indian would be in plays. That is him and my grandma Felicia at the house on Harrison Ave.

    ReplyDelete