view of Salandra, Matera, Basilicata, Italy ..........photo by Antonio DiPersia

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Introduction


This is a history of one family from the small village of Salandra in south central Italy.  The patriarch of that family in Salandra was a man named Michele, or more exactly, Michelarchangelo Ambruso.  His wife was Maria Giuseppa Iula.  Some of their children and most of their grandchildren emigrated to the United States to find jobs and a better life in America.  Today, their descendants number in the hundreds.
Today, these descendants of Michelarcangelo and Maria Giuseppa are spread all over the United States and even other countries such as England and Venezuela.  They are a proud and successful family, true to their Italian roots.
I have been researching this Ambruso family for many years now and I was seriously considering writing a family history.  I began gathering information and stories from several family members and then I realized that it would be better, and easier, if I could let the family members write the history themselves.  Thus, this blog was born.
I will post genealogical information that I have accumulated.  I am encouraging you, the family members, to also add posts with stories, anecdotes and interesting facts about the Ambruso family.  Your posts can even include photos or videos, but in order to post anything you first have to do two things: 1) set up a Google account and 2) contact me at jmcast@rcn.com so I can set you up as a contributor.  I’ll explain this in more detail in the next post.
I also encourage you to add comments on any and all of the posts.  Adding these comments will become an on-going dialog and our means of communicating with each other about the family. 
As a start, please sign up as a follower of this blog so we can learn about each other.  Just click on the blue tab on the right side that says: "Join this site", and follow the instructions. Ask other family members to join in and register as followers as well.  Together, we can create a valuable resource for generations to come.
One more thing.  This is a work in progress.  I welcome any suggestions or criticisms regarding this blog, its format and its purpose.  If you have any ideas that would make it better, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment